SCIMABIO Interface sponsors the international symposium “Advances in the Population Ecology of Stream Salmonids – IV” on May 25-29, 2015 in Girone (Spain)
As in the 2010 edition in Luarca, this event will review the latest knowledge on ecology for several species of salmonids. The emphasis will be put on scientific knowledge on conservation practices and the impact of exotic species on native populations.
Several hundred renowned scientists from all continents will discuss ongoing salmonids conservation issues and confront their point of views.
The main issues addressed will be :
– Salmonids life histories;
– Populations dynamics and habitat influence on distribution and abundance;
– Populations genetics;
– Migrations, movements and dispersions;
– Behavioral ecology;
– Human impacts on salmonid populations;
– Invasive salmonid species;
– Restoration of native populations and their habitat;
– Long-term monitoring of populations.
Official site of the symposium : http://www.salmonidsymposium.com